After the recent announcement of the acquisition of Twitter by Elon Mask, we have been able to see a great wave of reactions that celebrate it, and others that seriously criticize it, even threatening to leave the social network. And it is that although these platforms have already become something normalized in our society, not everyone is in favor of this type of public showcase for their lives.
That is why on this occasion we wanted to compile and present to you this quick on how to delete your Twitter account and the rest of the main social networks such as Facebook or Instagram, in a process that may vary between temporary deactivation or complete disappearance . from the same.
How to delete your Twitter account
Starting with the social network on everyone’s lips, the method for deleting your Twitter account is quite simple and fast. So, in this case we will carry out all the action through a web browser:
- The first thing we will do is obviously access Twitter and log in with the account in question.
- From the main menu, in the left column of options, click on the “More options” section marked with an icon of a circle with three dots. After pressing it, a small drop-down menu will open with several options, among which we will select “Settings and privacy” .
- Once on this page, we will only have to click on the already visible “Deactivate your account” option , and click on the “Deactivate” button again to proceed with the complete deletion.
Before the last step, the social network itself offers us the possibility of downloading our Twitter data , for which we will have to complete both an application and the download process before proceeding to deactivate the account.
After this, to ensure that the company can delete your Twitter account, all you will have to do is avoid logging in with your account for a period of 30 days. And it is that if we log in from any device once this process has started, we will stop it, canceling the elimination.
How to delete your Facebook account
Unlike other platforms, in the case of Facebook, before deleting your account we will have the option to create and download a copy of all our information collected on the social network, such as our photos and publications, as well as a copy of our Oculus information if it is linked. And it is that after deleting our account, there will be no way to recover anything.
So, to proceed with the deletion of the account, we will only have to follow a few short steps:
- Log in with our main profile, and click on the arrow button located at the top right .
- From this drop-down, we will select the “Settings and privacy” option , and immediately afterwards, “Settings” .
- Once on our account configuration page, we will access the “Your Facebook information” section , in which we will be shown an option to open the process of deactivating or deleting our account, which we can access by selecting the link in “View”.
- At this point, we will only have to choose if we finally want to delete our Facebook account completely or if we just want to disable it, which will not delete our data, but will keep the account hidden from other users. Once the decision has been made, the social network will ask us to re-insert our password and confirm our choice.
Additionally, we will have a period of 30 days from when we started the removal process to cancel it. On the other hand, it is worth highlighting the fact that Facebook could take up to a maximum period of 90 days from the beginning of the process until the true elimination of all the content that we have published. Although in pursuit of our privacy, during the duration of this process, no other Facebook user will be able to access this content.
How to delete your Instagram account
Curiously, despite the fact that the mobile is the main platform on which this application is used, we can only deactivate our account when we enter from outside the application, through the web browser on any device.
- Sign in to our account.
- We will open our personal page by clicking on the person symbol at the top right.
- We will click on “Edit profile” .
- Scrolling to the bottom of this page, we can find an option called “Temporarily deactivate my account” .
- Next we must give a reason for “Why do you want to disable your account?”, and confirm our password.
- Finally, we can select between the options “Temporarily disable account” or “Delete my account permanently”, according to our preference.