Being present on social networks and uploading content from time to time is no longer enough. Taking into account each of the factors involved, including the exact day and time, is as fundamental as generating good content. But what are the best hours to post on social media ? In this article we will try to offer you all the information you need to optimize your social media strategy.
Keep in mind that, although the data that we are going to give below comes from sources as reliable as HubSpot, Hootsuite or Stratusbrew, they are still general. By this we mean that the best time to post on social networks is probably not the same for you as it is for your neighbor. In addition to reading this article, we invite you to analyze your own metrics and, above all, to experiment . Knowing your buyer persona well as well as carrying out trial and error tests is the best way to find the perfect strategy for you.
Why is it important to choose the best times and days to post on social media?
Social media algorithms are as capricious as they are complex to understand. These are the ones in charge of reviewing the publications that users make one by one, and they are the ones who decide which accounts and posts have the most traction based on a multitude of factors. One of them is usually the level of interaction that a publication has during its first moments of life .
Despite the fact that, for example, Instagram or TikTok do not show the publications in chronological order, they do have a clear tendency to complete our feed with the most recent publications .
What does this imply for us? Very easy. It is a question of statistics. In general, our followers are not connected 24/7 to the networks, but there are certain hours when there are more people connected to them . Finding the best times to post on social networks is equivalent to finding out when there are more people interacting on them .
In other words, the more people are online at the time of our publication, the more chances we have of our publication reaching greater engagement . The greater the initial engagement, the greater the reach of our publication, which implies more visibility, more likes, more comments and, ultimately, more business opportunities.
According to the data provided by HubSpot, the best day and time to publish on social networks is from Tuesday to Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. On the contrary, the worst day to publish is Sunday, something logical if we think about the habits of all of us. However, we are talking about very general data here. Now we are going to see what is the best time to post on the most popular social networks. Let’s go there!
Best hours and days to post on Instagram
Instagram is without a doubt the most popular social network at the moment, with 2 billion users at the beginning of February 2022 . With such a large number of users, the opportunities to grow and increase our visibility are enormous. To achieve this, knowing the best times to post on Instagram and getting more engagement is essential.
Well, according to a study in which more than 300 marketing professionals were interviewed, the best hours to post on Instagram are the following:
- According to 24% of marketers, the best time to post on Instagram is between 6 and 9 p.m.
- 20% think that it is better to publish between 3 and 6 pm.
- And another 20% have come to the conclusion that the best hours are from 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- They all agree that the best day to post on Instagram is Saturday , although if our audience is more B2B, the best day is Friday.
- The worst day to post on Instagram is Monday .
Best times and days to post on TikTok
If being present on Instagram is important for any brand, the Chinese social network TikTok is not far behind. In recent years, TikTok has grown from a minority network to become the second most used, with 1.4 billion active users spread across the globe. Its success, in addition to its fun posts, is due in large part to its more inclusive algorithm that allows all users to reach a great reach without the need to invest in advertising.
However, like any other social network, choosing the best hours and days to post on TikTok is very important, as this will boost the initial engagement of our posts.
- The best time to post on TikTok is between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- The second best time to publish is from 3 to 6 p.m. and the third from 12 to 3 p.m.
- The best days for B2B audiences are Thursdays and Saturdays .
- For B2C brands , the best days are Saturdays and Sundays .
- The worst day to post on TikTok is Monday, followed by Tuesday .
Best hours and days to post on Facebook
Despite the fact that the popularity of Facebook has decreased in recent years, we cannot forget that it is still one of the social networks with the largest number of users. According to Statista, the first quarter of 2022 Facebook accumulated more than 2.9 billion active users . Currently, finding the best time to post on Facebook is essential, since its algorithm is demanding and complex, so nothing should be left to chance.
- The best day and time to post on Facebook is Saturday from 3 to 9 p.m. , although the best time is from 6 to 9 p.m.
- The worst day to post on Facebook is Monday .
- The worst hours to post on Facebook are from 6 to 9 in the morning, from 12 to 15 at noon and from 9 to 00 at night.
Best Times and Days to Post on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is another of the most popular social networks at the moment, especially when we talk about B2B. The LinkedIn algorithm is quite appreciative. If you publish regularly, provide valuable content and interact with other network users, success is assured. Here comes into play that it is a professional network, so the best hours to post on LinkedIn are closely related to the working hours of the majority.
- The best day and time to post on LinkedIn is Tuesday from 10 to 12 noon .
- Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. is also a good time to upload content.
- The worst day to post on LinkedIn is logically Sunday .
- As of 6:00 p.m., the number of connected users drops significantly.
Best time to post on Twitter
Lastly, we are going to take a look at what are the best times to post on Twitter . This social network is as special and fun as it is interesting. In it, we will not only be able to contribute and read high-quality content, but we will also be able to network with other professionals, as well as find business opportunities.
- The best hours to post on Twitter are from 6 to 9 p.m. , followed by 3 to 6 p.m. and 12 to 3 p.m.
- Unlike many other networks, the best day to post on Twitter is Friday .
- Tuesday through Thursday are also good days to post.
- The worst day to post on Twitter is Sunday, followed by Monday .
- We must avoid posting from 6 to 12 in the morning.
As you have seen, taking into account the best times to publish on social networks is key to the success of your digital marketing strategy. However, we must keep in mind that not all social networks are the same, and that each one requires a different approach.
Likewise, the best times to publish in a certain sector or market will be totally different for others. To find the best time to publish, you must analyze your insights on each social network, publish at the most favorable times, and analyze the results.